A MAN who was declared fit for work and taken off incapacity benefit was rushed into hospital a month after the decision.
John Whitelaw, aged 62, of Whalley Road, Whitefield, says the Atos Healthcare assessment which decided his eligibility for incapacity benefit was not carried out correctly and omitted key symptoms.
He says he told the assessor of his symptoms on May 3, including depression, dizziness, breathlessness, and lethargy, in addition to a ischemic heart disease.
Mr Whitelaw was admitted to Fairfield Hospital, Bury, on June 2 after collapsing at home with a low blood pressure. He is now recovering after having two bleeds in his stomach clipped.
Mr Whitelaw previously suffered a heart attack at the wheel while working as a bus driver in 2005 and had retired on a company pension.
He said: “How could they make such a mistake and pronounce me fit for work and…
View original post 221 more words